Saturday, December 3, 2011


Hey Blue Boxers!

A quick trip to World Market was fun and got me in the holiday spirit...thought I would shoot you pics of some happy items I saw there. Now that Turkey Day is behind us, I don't mind the Xmas music everywhere. Before the holiday, it just made me gag....why is that?  Timing is everything. Maybe it just seems in bad taste and well, I am occasionally referred to as the Taste Police.  I'm pretty lenient though- after all there is a ton of low priced great stuff out there and we at Blue Box pride ourselves on NEVER being snobby.  We shop everywhere from thrift stores to discount stores and I mean ALL the time. It's just about the mix, right?  You all know that...I'm preaching to the choir!!!  That's why we started Blue Box- cuz we know you are good at pulling stuff together at a reasonable price - just maybe with a little help or a few new resources...

Okay so here are a couple quick finds for the holidays you might like:  think teachers gifts!  So much better than candy or another mug or notepad, how about one of these darling white colanders?  Who couldn't use that?



 Or these fabulous lidded canisters filled with roasted nuts or just a sweet card from your child?  These come in white and green too.  No need to wrap, just tie with festive ribbon- check out this paper ribbon they have there:




And we at Blue Box have been OBSESSED with felt for years...now it's everywhere...yippee!  West Elm has amazing Xmas ornaments and garlands in felt. I may actually brave the day after xmas for their sale cuz I have felt all over my tree and it never breaks so I can pack up Xmas in a hurry:)! The new Seattle West Elm rocks...love it.  A beautiful space for a cool store.

Back to World Market:
Look at the felt ribbon and felt puppets!  Love....  Felt stickers, too, great for wrapped gifts...



- they have fireman, doctor, and policeman felt puppets too that are totally irresistably quirky for one of your little friends. I didn't photo those because I felt like everyone was watching me take pics all over the store!  the World Market stalker....

Oh and I adore this felt elephant!  Don't know why his tail is sticking straight out...is he mad?? But it just makes it funnier...unless he's doing something private?? Oh yuck...maybe I ruined the cute elephant for everyone....



Okay, and finally,  the traditional Norwegian stockings...I never ever get tired of them! Why don't i have socks like these?? and clogs? And a dirndl?  No need to diet with that attire:)



More to come....
Annie and the Blue Box team

No comments:

Post a Comment